News, Students and the Class of 2013: The Mindset List from Beloit College
August 18, 2009
Posted by on
Welcome, Class of 2013 !
As we in the library begin to see the newest groups of medical, dental and doctoral students arriving at UCHC, it may be beneficial and educational to read the 11th edition of the Mindset List, published in August 2009, by administrators from Beloit College, at this link: http://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2013.php
Here’s a few of the 75 statements on the list:
- “Tattoos have always been very chic and highly visible”.
- “Everyone has always known what the evening news was before the Evening News came on”.
- “They have never used the card catalog to find a book”. (Too too true!)
- “There has always been Blue Jello”.
- “Ozzy Osborne has always been coming back”.
Excerpts from the 2009 Mindset List – Courtesy of Beloit College – All rights reserved – Copyright 2009
This librarian wonders why cell phones (as in, “There has always been cell phones“) and texting weren’t mentioned… ?